L'important C'est D'aimer (1975) [Limited Edition]
César Awards, France:
- Best Actress: Romy Schneider
César Awards, France:
- Best Editing: Christiane Lack
- Best Production Design: Jean-Pierre Kohut-Svelko
MONDO VISION presents the first ever North American release of Andrzej Zulawski's L'Important C'est D'aimer (The Important Thing Is To Love, 1975) in a gorgeous new transfer UNCUT & Fully Uncensored with all new English Subtitles Supervised & Approved By Director Andrzej Zulawski.
Disc 1: The Film
- Digitally Restored High Definition Transfer Mastered For Progressive Scan (Approved by Director Andrzej Zulawski)
- Feature Length Audio Commentary With Director Andrzej Zulawski And Writer Daniel BirdVideo Interview With Director Andrzej Zulawski
- Remastering: Before & After
- Theatrical Trailer
- Image Gallery
Disc 2: Film Score [For This Ultimate CD (Exclusive To Limited Edition], original stereo/mono master tapes were used. This has given us the chance to release the most complete version of this previously unavailable score. Each individual track has been painstakingly restored and remastered using complex digital techniques from the best available sound elements.]
- Exclusive 48pg Commemorative Booklet including a newly written essay by Daniel Bird + Rare and Insightful Essays & Interviews [retranslated and published for the first time ever in English]
- Five [5x7] Color Poster Reproductions
- Certificate of Authenticity With Unique Serial # [Only 2000 Individually Numbered Sets Produced]
L'Important C'est D'aimer is presented in its original aspect ratio of 1.66:1 and original Mono French soundtrack as intended by Andrzej Zulawski. After evaluating the quality of the provided materials, Mondo Vision cooperated with Director Andrzej Zulawski to return the film to its original appearance as closely as possible. In addition to color correction, many instances of dirt, dust and scratches have been painstakingly removed by hand. Simply put, the film has never looked this good since its theatrical premier in 1975! This Dual Layer disc has been transferred and encoded using a high-frequency process which preserves as much of the detail and texture from the original film as is possible on the NTSC DVD format.
Run Time: 1 Hr. 53 Mins.
Audio: Original French Mono, English Dub, German Dub
Format: 1.66:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
Disc Type: Double-Layer DVD-9
Case Type: Specially designed Magnetic Box wrapped in White Leatherette